When Storms or Floods hit, SERVPRO is ready!
SERVPRO is Always Storm Ready!
SERVPRO of North Central San Antonio specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods & Storms
When storms hit, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. SERVPRO has teams that travel to many areas of the country to help those affected by storm damage. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call us Today at (210) 899-1017 or visit our website at: www.SERVPROnorthcentralsanantonio.com/
What to look for after a Hail Storm
Hail Storm San Antonio
Do you have hail damage? It is not that easy a question to answer. If your building has asphalt shingles or a metal roof, you may see dents. But, on a built-up (tar & gravel) roof, you might see few to no visible signs of damage.
When do you need professional help? Three Helpful Indicators:
Hail comes in many sizes and densities, so it can be difficult to know when you actually need to be concerned about damage. Whether you’re staring at pea-sized hail on the ground or golf-ball size hail, here are some signs that indicate it would be a good idea to at least talk to a professional:
- Damaged vehicles—If the roofs of nearby cars were dented, then there’s a good chance your building also sustained hail damage.
- Damaged siding, downspouts or windows—If you are unable to safely inspect your roof, hail damage to other parts of your building, such as dented downspouts or siding, can be a good indicator you may need to take action.
- Work on neighboring properties—If a neighboring building sustained hail damage and is being repaired, it’s a sign you should more closely inspect your roof and building.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today (210) 899-1017
Let SERVPRO make it "Like it never even happened."
Commercial Water Damage Lincoln Heights
Commercial Water Loss at Local Sports Rehab Center
This local sport rehab center had a leak over the weekend. When the team arrived all the floors were buckled; it was clear what needed to be done. Our crew worked with the business owners schedule and took the proper steps in assessing and amending the damage that was done. Air movers and dehumidifiers were set up to begin drying the building. The cleanup process was effective and hasty thanks to our team members of SERVPRO of North Central San Antonio, knowing just what to do thank to their experience. You can see in this picture we have our dehumidifiers and air movers in place and in action. Our customer was very pleased with the turnout and grateful for us that they did not lose business during this time. If you experience a water loss in your place of business call SERVPRO of North Central San Antonio today at: (210) 899-1017 or visit us at: www.SERVPROnorthcentralsanantonio.com
Our Certified SERVPRO Technicians Have the Experience and the Equipment to Handle Flooding Disasters of Any Scale
No Disaster Too Big!!
One of the biggest nightmares any business in Texas can experience is a storm flood. If you have been an unfortunate victim of flood damage, there are certain procedures you should follow as you look to restore your property. If you are in the middle of an emergency, your best bet is to contact a reputable restoration company.
As a locally based company and a trusted leader in the restoration industry, SERVPRO is conveniently located to respond quickly to flood damage emergencies in South Texas. We have a large team of IICRC-certified technicians who are properly-armed and highly experienced to restore any water-damaged properties to preloss conditions quickly efficiently, "Like it never even happened."
Whenever your home experiences considerable flood damage, the first course of action should be to vacate the building and then inspect for safety issues before reentering. Once you call SERVPRO, our technicians can come in and evaluate the extent of the damage. This step involves checking for structural damage, electrical issues, and possible health concerns that may come into play when performing flood damage repair and cleanup.
After addressing all major safety concerns, SERVPRO flood damage restoration professionals can move in and begin the actual cleanup process. It is essential to document all flood damage sustained for insurance purposes. This means taking pictures of the flooded areas, damaged furniture, and other house contents, and holding on to any repair bills you may incur along the way. The compensation procedure after a flood can be tricky; so, the more documentation papers you have, the better.
The dirty work begins after carefully documenting all the damage. It is important to carry out the drying and cleanup process as quickly as possible to prevent secondary damage and possible mold growth.
Our technicians use advanced extraction equipment to pump out any standing water, and then set up fans and dehumidifiers for the drying part. Hiring a flood damage repair expert (like SERVPRO) for this stage is always a good investment. Apart from having access to the right equipment, the knowledge and experience of working on numerous flood damage projects is useful to ensure a speedy and efficient cleanup process.
Storms and floods are a reminder of the force of Mother Nature. While they are unpredictable, you can count on SERVPRO of North Central San Antonio for local flood damage restoration services. For any questions, you can reach us anytime at (210) 899-1017
For more information regarding SERVPRO of North Central San Antonio click here: http://www.SERVPROnorthcentralsanantonio.com/
Mold in Home? SERVPRO can Help!!
You may recognize mold by:
- Sight (Are the walls and ceiling discolored, or do they show signs of mold growth or water damage?)
- Smell (Do you smell a bad odor, such as a musty, earthy smell or a foul stench?)
Safely Preventing Mold Growth
Clean up and dry out the building quickly (within 24 to 48 hours). Open doors and windows. Use fans to dry out the building.
- ?When in doubt, take it out! Remove all porous items that have been wet for more than 48 hours and that cannot be thoroughly cleaned and dried. These items can remain a source of mold growth and should be removed from the home. Porous, non-cleanable items include carpeting and carpet padding, upholstery, wallpaper, drywall, floor and ceiling tiles, insulation material, some clothing, leather, paper, wood, and food. Removal and cleaning are important because even dead mold may cause allergic reactions in some people.
- To prevent mold growth, clean wet items and surfaces with detergent and water.
- Homeowners may want to temporarily store items outside of the home until insurance claims can be filed
If you see Mold in your home call us at (210) 899-1017 or visit our website at www.SERVPROnorthcentralsanantonio.com/
Fire Restoration with SERVPRO
Kitchen Fire Castle Hills
If you’ve experienced a fire inside your home or office building, rapid clean-up is vital toward minimizing any further property loss. The damage from fire, smoke, and even the water utilized from the firefighters will worsen with every passing minute. To avoid costly mistakes and restore your residence or place of business to its initial condition, call SERVPRO of North Central San Antonio to receive the best smoke and fire restoration services in the industry.
Smoke from a fire can penetrate structural members of your property, as well as furniture, clothes, toys, curtains and wall hangings. This smoke can pose risks to residents’ health, as smoke can contain toxic chemicals, tar, radioactive particles, and allergens which are dangerous to breathe in. Our fire restoration & cleanup professionals specialize in recouping the damage from smoke, deodorization, and clearing away all remnants of smoke damage to the property. The procedure to repair smoke damage can be intricate and cumbersome, which is why it’s a great idea to call SERVPRO if you encountered an unexpected fire inside your home or business.
SERVPRO of North Central San Antonio use specialized fire restoration techniques and products, such as ozone, thermal fog and unsmoked products, to ensure your contents and property are restored to normal. The technology in the field of fire restoration is always changing for the better and SERVPRO prides itself on staying up with these changes. We isolate fire damaged areas and contents to prevent contaminants from the damaged area spreading to unaffected areas. We are also able to inventory and store your contents in a safe location if needed, until the fire restoration process is complete.
Call us today at: (210) 899-1017 or visit our website at: www.SERVPROnorthcentralsanantonio.com/
Types of Water Damage
When you have a water intrusion in your home or business there are many factors at play which will affect what needs to be done in order to make it "Like it never even happened." One of the first determinations we make on the site of a residential or commercial water damage is the waters level of contamination. The level of contamination, along with the specific circumstances of the job, will dictate what actions need to be taken during the remediation process. Essentially the cleaner the water, the more we can save instead of throwing away and replacing building materials; which means a cheaper, less invasive, and shorter job altogether.
In the restoration industry the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (or IICRC) is the organization which sets the restoration industries standards and practices. It is the IICRC’s standards that we follow to ensure every water mitigation and remediation job we tackle is done correctly. When it comes to the sanitary level of water there are three levels:
- Category 1: Clean and Sanitary. Typically comes from a sanitary source such as faucet, toilet tanks, drinking fountains, or water heaters.
- Category 2: Grey Water which can cause illness or discomfort if ingested. Typical sources are dish washers, washing machine overflows, flush from sink drains, or toilet overflows with urine (no feces)
- Category 3: Black Water is grossly unsanitary which could cause severe illness or death if ingested. This includes sewer backups, flooding from rivers or streams, toilet overflow with feces, and stagnant liquid which has supported microbial growth.
These categories are also time dependent so a flood caused by a drinking fountain (Category 1 clean water) will become contaminated category 2 water after 48 hours. Another 24 hours after that it becomes a category 3 loss. This change in category means a tremendous difference in the scope of work, cost of remediation, and time of job.
Example; a clean water pipe broke in your basement while you were at work and now you have wet carpets and wet drywall. At the moment it is a category 1 loss and as long as the carpet pad does not have a vapor barrier we do not even need to pull the carpet back, the carpet, carpet pad and drywall can all be dried in place with minimal disturbance to his day to day.
If you wait 48 hours to give us a call now the water is a category 2 loss meaning we have to pull back all the affected carpet, remove and dispose of the affected carpet pad and apply an antimicrobial to the carpet and subfloor. As far as the walls and other materials go they may need to be cut out and removed based on the unique circumstances of the loss or how saturated the materials have become.
If you were to wait another 24 hours to give us a call now we are dealing with a category 3 loss so both the affected carpet pad and the carpet must be cut out and removed. The affected walls will most likely be severely saturated and contaminated and will most likely need to be removed. All furniture and items left in that water will need to be cleaned and sanitized with the possibility that many items will not be able to be saved.
Waiting to take care of water damage is a bad idea that can cost you money, time and cause a lot of hassle. That is why we SERVPRO of North Central San Antonio is available 24 hours a day 7 day a week so that as soon as disaster strikes we can be there for you.
Call us at (210) 899-1017 or visit us at: http://www.SERVPROnorthcentralsanantonio.com/
Smoke & Soot
Smoke & Soot Damage from Fire
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of North Central San Antonio will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – 210-899-1017
Prevent Your Child from Starting Fires
The aftermath of a house fire accidentally by child playing with matches.
The U.S. Fire Administration estimates that 300 people are killed and $280 million in property is destroyed each year as the result of children playing with fire.
As you can see in this picture this was an extensive fire. This fire was due to a child playing with matches. The fire originally started in the bedroom when is spread quickly throughout the home. Thankfully everyone got out safe and the fire department was able to put out the flames.
Tragically, many home fires are started by children playing with dangerous household items – especially lighters and matches. Taking sensible precautions in the home and teaching your child how to escape from a fire can help your family avoid this type of heartbreak.
Prevent Your Child from Starting Fires
Keep matches, lighters and other ignitable substances in a secured location out of your child’s reach. Only use lighters with child-resistant features.
Invest in flameless candles. These candles contain a light bulb rather than an open flame, and take the danger out of your child knocking over a candle.
Help Your Child Survive a Fire
- Install smoke alarms on every level of your home, inside bedrooms and outside sleeping areas. Once a month check whether each alarm in the home is working properly by pushing the test button. Replace batteries in smoke alarms at least once a year. Immediately install a new battery if an alarm chirps, warning the battery is low.
- Teach your children what smoke alarms sound like and what to do when they hear one.
- Ensure that all household members know two ways to escape from every room of your home, and where to meet up outside.
- Practice your fire escape plan at least twice a year and at different times of the day. Practice waking up to smoke alarms, low crawling and meeting outside. Make sure everyone knows how to call 9-1-1.
- Emphasize “get out, stay out.” Only professional firefighters should enter a building that is on fire—even if other family members, pets or prized possessions are inside.
- Use quick-release devices on barred windows and doors. Security bars without release devices can trap you in a deadly fire. If you have security bars on your windows, be sure one window in each sleeping room has a release device.
- Consider getting escape ladders for sleeping areas on the second or third floor. Learn how to use them, and store them near the windows.
- Teach household members to STOP, DROP and ROLL if their clothes should catch on fire.
If you have a house fire of any sort. Call SERVPRO of North Central San Antonio today at: (210) 899-1017 or visit our website at:
SERVPRO’s mold removal remediation plans.
SERVPRO of North Central San Antonio have seen individuals try to conduct mold abatement on their own, using various methods recommended by family and friends, including the application of bleach. Unfortunately, these methods may appear to work initially, but actually result in the mold continuing to grow and/or returning. Due to the serious potential consequences of mold contamination, using a certified, experienced mold remediation professional such as SERVPRO is the only way to guarantee mold removal and future mold growth in an affected area.
SERVPRO of North Central San Antonio provides visual inspections and estimates of the affected area. Our mold removal plans include addressing the source of the moisture causing the mold growth. Our certified technicians properly contain the contaminated area so mold spores do not travel to other areas in your home causing further problems. Here at SERVPRO we have specialized equipment for mold cleanup and restoration, including HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) filter vacuums, which remove mold spores from the affected areas. Our company also uses approved antimicrobial fungicides to kill mold spores and fungicidal protective coating to prevent future mold growth in the mold affected areas.
If you have mold in your home call SERVPRO of North Central San Antonio at: (210) 899-1017 or visit our website at: www.SERVPROnorthcentralsanantonio.com/